Friday, March 19, 2010

S. Maria in Aracoeli




Hi everyone! I'm so glad to see that I have a few followers :) Yesterday I had my third on-site art class and I was able to sneak a few pictures in. The one to the left is my favorite of the day. There are often a lot of churches/museums that do not allow pictures so sometimes it's difficult to "capture the moment". I think my art class is great! I'm learning so much about the details and effort that is put into each painting to portray a story or a scene. It's like I get a free tour every other day and I get credits for it :). To the left is a picture of the Carafa Chapel and it's a little blurry because there was so much light on it but it was amazing to see the detail that they put into these art pieces and it's crazy that it was all free-hand. So that was one of the many beautiful chapels I got to see yesterday. Hope everyone is having a wonderful day!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sunshine, how lucky are you???? Fantastic tours and credit too. Beautiful picture....bet the chapels are breath taking.
    You are having the time of your life !!!!
    Happy for you.
    Love,
    Gramma

    ReplyDelete